Empire Trust Microfinance Bank Recent Employment Opportunity
Empire Trust Microfinance Bank is a financial institution that was incorporated with the objective of reducing the number of Nigerians living below poverty line by providing responsive financial services and offerings in line with the global initiative of poverty alleviation in order to enhance the quality of life of the low-end actively engaged populace.
The bank was incorporated in 2014 and is duly licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as a Microfinance Bank. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recover bad debts from delinquent debtors.
- Obtain delinquent reports for all assigned defaulting portfolios and manage the recovery process.
- Reduce the non-performing loans owed to a company.
- Manage all assets (vehicles, income generating assets, personal assets and inventories) presented for repossession in line with the bank’s processes and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality while handling customers enquires and information.
- Deliver high quality, efficient, responsive and professional service during the recovery process that portraits the bank ethical conduct.
- Report [daily] progress against target to the designated authority
- Design work-out payment plans for debtors
- Develop options and alternatives that guarantee an effective recovery process, by devising customized recovery strategy on a case by case basis.
- Respond and enforce the banks policy issues to clients, such as fraud, breach of contract etc.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of customer’ discussions.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Degree / HND in related discipline.
- Basic mathematics and analytical skills as well as investigative and persuasive skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skill
- Knowledgeable of recovery best practice and approach.
- 2 – 5 years experience in a debt recovery role; preferable with financial services or Microfinance.
- Effective communication and reporting skills
- A Bike Rider is needed for Lagos.
Areas of Expertise:
- Debt Collection
- Issue Resolution
- Numerical and well organised.
Application Deadline: 10th July, 2020.