Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited Recent Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited is a leading wholly Nigerian owned engineering firm in Nigeria. The company has over 40 years’ experience in providing expert engineering services and mercantile power to discerning clients in Nigeria and West Africa. At present it delivers over 1,000MW of mercantile power to these clients.
As a leading provider of power generators and mercantile power in Nigeria, STAG has formed relationships with several power generator manufacturers such as SDMO, John Deere, MTU, Stanadyne to name a few. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: General Manager
- We are looking for an ideal candidate to join our team as a Human Resource and Administrative Manager. In this role, you would lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including, processing employee data as well as update the policies of our company.
- You would also be responsible for the process of recruiting, administering pay, benefits and leave, enforcing company policies and best practices whilst performing other administrative duties.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement HR strategies policies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly managerial and professional roles.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development training programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversee personnel records (e.g Contracts, PTO and so on)
- Update the company database with the data of new employees, (e.g background, qualification , skill etc)
- Create and circulate documents about the policies of our organization.
- collect payroll information including working days, ledgers and bank accounts
- Publish and remover job ads on different platforms (e.g job boards, social netowrks, career pages, etc)
- Schedule prospective candidates job interviews and be a point of contact as required.
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR related metrics like the aggregate number of hires by the department.
- Create materials to train and onboard the employees.
- Respond to inquiries of employees with respect to benefits like the precedent, number of qualified vacation days etc
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Human Resources.
- An MBA or relevant Master’s degree in any business- related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Society for Human Resource Management, are highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem solving. Willing to see a problem and find a solution that works.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment and labor related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations and talent management systems.
- Must be able to think creatively and contribute to strategic HR discussions
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2021.