Winrock International Ongoing Job Vacancy – Apply Now!
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantages, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology. Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Director of Operations and Finance
Status: Full time, Regular
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
- Winrock is currently implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Activity (The Activity), a five (5) year USAID activity that aims to partner with small and medium enterprises and key market actors to pilot proven technologies, scale up successful ones, and promote the adoption of improved production practices as well as improved service delivery that will rapidly, effectively, and sustainably provide access to agro-inputs and service delivery and disseminate extension messaging to at least two million smallholder farmers.
- The Driver will be responsible for providing project-related transportation for Winrock staff and visitors using the project vehicle.
Detailed Description of Duties:
- Transport staff in Abuja office within the metropolis and field trips to the states when required
- Transport office and project-related items/equipment as needed
- Meet visitors and staff at airport and assist with airport check-in and check-out as needed
- Ensure project vehicle is clean at all times and conduct daily vehicle basic checks (wheel nuts, brake & radiator fluids, brake pads, battery terminals, etc.)
- Support office and event logistics as directed by the Director of Operations & Finance or designee
- Maintain use of vehicle logbook at all times, recording information on each journey as required
- Report to the Director of Operations & Finance or designee about vehicle conditions and maintain a schedule for vehicle maintenance
- Always adhere to Winrock’s vehicle usage standard operating procedure policy and government traffic regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience
- O’Level, Secondary School or Tertiary certificates or equivalent
- Clean, valid driver’s license
- Basic mechanic skills
- Computer knowledge (MS Word/Excel)
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects/organizations
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2021.
Note:However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and WI reserves the right to make an offer prior to the closing date for applications. Applicants are thus encouraged to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity. Qualified applicants will be contacted by Winrock.