ACTED Recent Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarianreliefto support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicated to implementing and developing our projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Protection Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-1 (National contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- The Gender-Protection Officer’s main assignment will aim at building the capacity of local stakeholders, such as community leaders and other members of the project team on Protection and GBV principles.
- He/she shall work closely with the beneficiaries on a daily basis to ensure programming is gender sensitive and takes into account the needs of all beneficiaries.
- The Gender Officer will support the Project Team in conducting the gender assessments throughout the life of the project and will be present at every training session to ensure activities are being implemented in a gender sensitive way.
- The Gender-Protection Officer will support the FSL team in providing protection specific outreach and awareness sessions to the beneficiaries. The Gender-Protection Officer will design, organize, and chair the Gender Discussions Meetings with the beneficiaries, to promote the participation and empowerment of women throughout the project cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities of the position:
- Build the capacity of all FSL staff on Protection and GBV-related issues, in order to enhance internal knowledge and expertise and provide qualitative delivery of activities with high protection standards and enhance protection sensitive approach within the targeted communities.
- Work closely with the project team and the beneficiaries to ensure activities are being implemented in a gender sensitive manner.
- Hold regular meetings with the beneficiaries to determine needs
- Build a strong and working relationship with the female beneficiaries, ensuring they feel supported throughout the life-span of the project.
- Prepare, organize and conduct the protection-oriented Focus Group Discussions and Gender Discussion Meetings during project implementation
- Ensure equal participation of women and men in the activities and ensure to have an appropriate complaint and feedback mechanism to collect the communities’ feedback in a gender sensitive manner and ensure that the programme includes these feedbacks throughout the project implementation
- Meet regularly with the program team to fine-tune programming, ensuring activities are implemented using a gendered lens
- Assist in monitoring protection needs and service provision in sites according to agreed upon guidelines, standards and indicators.
- Support vulnerable individuals identified during project implementation.
- Ensure Do No Harm approach is applied in all activities conducted with the site and host communities.
- Keeping detailed, organized records of project information and documentation.
- Submit weekly and monthly work plans along with detailed activity reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain constant contact with team members, direct and indirect beneficiaries.
- Respect the total confidentiality of information collected and circulated.
- Adhere to the ACTED Code of Conduct and security management system.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Languages: Ability to speak local dialects is mandatory (Hausa Language).
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Women/ Gender Studies related programs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in protection programming.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, ethics and respect for aid recipients at all times.Ability to engage with community members, partners, government and other stakeholders in a respectful manner (essential).
- Experience with participatory fieldwork, methodologies, monitoring and reporting.Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams.
- Efficient and responsible, with good personal accountability.
- Initiative, flexibility, team spirit, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Computer literate (IT) and good level of numeracy.
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2021.
Interested candidates should carefully observing the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org